What are B'Opera Relaxed Concerts?
All of our concerts are performed by professional musicians who use their voices or instruments to take your little one on a musical adventure. Music is introduced in a fun and accessible way to bring the wonder of classical music alive. Our concerts are interactive and create a relaxed atmosphere where you and your child can both enjoy high quality live music together.
- Mon, 15 MarCrowdcast
- Fri, 11 DecCrowdcast11 Dec 2020, 10:00 – 10:40CrowdcastThis First Songs with Zoë is all about Christmas - Christmas trees, snowmen, mince pies, Christmas pudding, you name it, we'll be singing about it. Bring your shakers and a scarf and join Zoë for some festive music! £5 per household and you get to watch it as many times as you like for a week!
- Wed, 11 NovSt. George's Church
- Wed, 28 OctSt. George's Church28 Oct 2020, 10:30 – 11:15St. George's Church, 1 Westbourne Cres, Birmingham B15 3DQ, UKB’Opera is back, live and in person! Join Zoe, Jac and Phil for beautiful music from Brahms, Beethoven and Strauss, to name a few, as well as some B'Opera originals! Festivals of Light is a beautiful relaxed concert for you and your little pumpkins.
- Sat, 22 Augwww.crowdcast.io/boperazoe22 Aug 2020, 10:30 – 11:30www.crowdcast.io/boperazoe"We're all going on a summer holiday!" This season we thought we would bring the summer holiday to you, B'Opera style! Join us on the 22nd August for our second online, live relaxed concert, on Crowdcast! Tickets are £7.50, we're looking forward to seeing you there 🙂
- Sat, 15 AugCastle Bromwich Hall Gardens15 Aug 2020, 11:00Castle Bromwich Hall Gardens, 2 Chester Rd, Birmingham B36 9DQ, UKA Summery Relaxed Concert for little ones and their grown ups, with beautiful music from Zoe and Phil. Each booked group will have their own, socially distanced space, with plenty of room for each family to play and relax on the grass.
- Sat, 27 JunCrowdcast
Frequently asked questions
Where can I find a B'Opera baby opera?
Our next performance of one of our baby operas will be Alice and the Library Tree, ideal for 0-9 years and accompanying grown-ups at Birmingham HIppodrome at 10.30 and 12.30 on Tuesday 18th February 2020. We will also be at the Springfield Project on Wednesday 19th February performing Zoom to the Moon and Alice and the Library Tree.
When is the next B'Opera Relaxed Concert?
Our next relaxed concert, Tales and Adventures, is at 10am on Saturday 22nd February 2020 at St George's Church Edgbaston. The concerts happen every two months, tickets available on Eventbrite.
What if my child cries, makes a noise, or crawls or runs around?
We make shows for babies and toddlers - if we expected little people to sit still and stay silent, we would be very disappointed! We have five children aged 6 and under between us. We get it. We want you to feel relaxed and we want you and your children to not be excluded from beautiful live music experiences just because of the season of life you're in right now. As long as you are happy that your child is safe, we are happy for them to experience and access the performances in the way that works for them.
Is there parking at St George's for the relaxed concerts?
You're welcome to park in the car park at the front of the church. Please avoid the numbered spaces at the back as they are rented out to local businesses. There's two hours free parking at Morrisons on Harborne/Hagley Road, six minutes walk away, and plenty of free two hour street parking in the surrounding area. Five Ways train station and Hagley Road/Five Ways buses are all nearby too.
How can I find and attend a B'Opera event?
You have three options:
1) Our weekly First Songs Sessions at Birmingham Hippodrome (Mondays) and The Belgrade Theatre Coventry (Fridays)
2) Our Relaxed Concert series at St George's Edgbaston
3) Our interactive baby operas
How do I keep in touch with B'Opera?
Sign up to our newsletter!! It's free, it's fun and we share videos of songs and musical activities that you can do at home with your little ones. We also share blogs about music, parenting, fun activities, community, loving the planet, and anything else that sparks our imagination! The latest information about our performances is always part of our newsletter and you can follow us on instagram (@boperababyopera), twitter (@bopera) and facebook (B'Opera) to find out about new dates booked and competitions for tickets!